: Thank you my friend and answer all the questions

jasmine

Jasmine,

I'm going to go out on a limb here : I think one of the reasons that Thais dont travel as well as some other Asian nationalities is that they dont seem to have the same tendency to establish large expat communities that some of the others do.

For example, if I were a Chinese person living in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan or Mainland China, I could migrate to Oz or the US and there would almost certainly be a recognisable Chinatown in the city nearest my new home. Within that group, I could reasonably expect to find people who came from my province, spoke my language and could help me acclimatise. That's a huge advantage, and I just dont know that its available to Thais in many Western countries.

Also, Thais dont seem to exhibit the same eagerness to leave their own country : the projected rewards of living in the West dont compensate for what they would be leaving behind. Money simply isnt everything.

That's my ten cents worth :}

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

artiew,

>Also, Thais dont seem to exhibit the same eagerness to leave their own country : the projected rewards of living in the West dont compensate for what they would be leaving behind. Money simply isnt everything.

It is so true ! I was asked by a farang friend whether I'd stay in their country after I got my degree. I almost became angry. Why did I want to live in their country ? Money is NOT everyting as you said ! A second later I was calm down and told her exactly the reason.

Hi Jasmine,

Great to have you here on this board. Hope you could stick around for a long time.

You're right about the adaptation of a Thai living abroad. It's a two way thing; the country and the person themselves. To me I think I could have assimilated better. Since I had no intention to live there I didn't try. I just did sth MY WAY smile.gif Talking about stubborn laugh.gif

Have you found any discrimination against you when you were a student or now at work?

How do you cope with that?

GTG

Hello Khun Jasmine

Well, I am apologize to you that I misunderstood.

I also the one who has foreign BF. I told him in the first year that I would like to stay in Thailand all my life. I won?t stay oversea surely because I don?t want to away from my family (Thai style) and I am allergic to cold air too. But if we go just for visit his parents for our holiday. He asked me for marry many before (when he has his own business in Thailand). But my opinion was I don?t want to be a farang in Thailand and if I marry with him I will not able to have my mom property and stay in Thailand. So, He decided to stay in Thailand with me all his life. The another reason is we love Thai people the same. He easy to adapt to Thai style. We believe Thailand is a warm country for us.

How about your staying in oversea first time?

How did you feel when you have to leave Thailand?

At my office: there are a few Thai friends but mostly, they are foreigners(many nationalities)

One Thai friend of mine she?s finished from Thammasat Uni. too also she is Christian she is well manner in Thai style. She always complains to me when I did western style with acting, speaking, and discuss serious things with another foreigner friends sometimes. I think farang or Thai we have the same level why should we be afraid to have some opinion with them. She said to me we are of different cultures we should keep polite and be quiet

Not suit to do foreign way in Thailand. So, now have Thai and western 50%-50%.

Yes, Thailand is changing every year in the city but we still can see lifestyle of the countryside somewhere still the same as 20- 30 years ago.

My parents live in the center of Thailand not quite far from Bkk but they still do farm as when I was a child.

Jitty

H! again pee Jasmine

I like north people they are very nice, politely, friendly, kindness, I went to Chaing-mai for Songkran festival it was my first time visited to north of Thailand. It was a wonderful place that I have never seen before I would like to have a house there in the future.

I have some experiences similar with you. My BF brought me to his friend birthday party once time in a bar at Patpong. When we left, I told him I don?t like the place like this I felt nervous there were many foreigners looked at me strangely, if he want to come just come alone.

Another time it was when we went down to Phuket for Christmas celebrations. We stayed at patong beach. We went for dinner in a British pub while I was waiting for my soup I read Bangkok post. Then the owner started to ask my BF in a soft sound to hope that I couldn?t hear

? where did he get me from she look different from BGs at here?. My BF said ?sorry Mr. This is my wife she is a teacher! " and we never go there again.

It is not only this I have a lots I think because I look younger than my BF a lot and also, I keep to be Thai style I have never changed my hair colour, I don?t have white skin. That why look like women from up country.

I hope to hear from you again

Best regards

Jitty

HI aircrest

That's right. Because The Thais people feel strong blood with their nationality also, we are different cultural with philipinos.

Jitty

GTG said,

Money is NOT everything as you said !

Absolutely. Many of my IT colleagues have gone to England over the past 5 years, chasing the money on offer there, but I am unwilling to leave Queensland's subtropical climate for the long winter in Europe. I know that money simply doesnt make me happy when I cant see the sun for days on end, and I cant imagine how bad it must be for someone who has never know cold weather to move there permanently.

the Filipinos seem to adapt better than other Asian nationals..

Sorry If I am wrong, not offence to Filipinos,but I think the reasons why Filpinos seem adapt better would have something to do with colonized peroid. Look back to thier history they was colonized by Spain.That's why they are called Phillipines (King Phillip of Spain) then Japan for a while then America. that Is one of the main reason to force you to be adaptable, you must.

I was once in Philippine my guige Tony siad" Phillipine named by Spain,dedicated to King Phillipe We are Filipinos and smoke Philipe Morris"

>I was once in Philippine my guige Tony siad" Phillipine named by Spain,dedicated to King Phillipe We are Filipinos and smoke Philipe Morris"

Interesting comment!

I also find the Chinese are good in adapting themselves into the new environment too. I think they think that living anywhere is better than living in China so they work very hard to build their new life when they have the chance.

It's sad though.

GTG

Archived