: Thank you my friend and answer all the questions

jasmine

bibblies

>"Angry"? Over that? Jai roon mak maak

You forgot the word 'almost' in my earlier post ! I hold my angry well. smile.gif

>So, what you're saying is that you had no real interest in your host country. You simply went there to pillage their education system for your own self-interest. That's an interesting parallel with what you frequently accuse us of doing!

You got it all wrong. I had/have real interest in my host country. I can even sing their natioanl anthem and learn the words by heart. How many of you can sing Thai national anthem? OK OK it's harder I know laugh.gif So, it's no parallel at all.

>As a matter of interest, the enquiry was actually a polite one - a way of asking whether you had begun to really like their country or not.

Not really. I think it was becasue there were many foreign students from many developing countries trying to find jobs and stay in the host country. They may have their reasons, economic, political or whatever. I had no intention to stay and work in their country. That doesn't mean I don't like my host country. But I didn't want to be included in the 'refugee' category. Local people were having problem with them. I wasn't afraid of that but I didn't want to be looked down. I didn't want to get THEIR job.That's all.

GTG

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jasmine,

welcome to the board. I am happy to see, that Thai ladies are on this board too. I am reading your postings with very high interest. This helps me to understand the country much better. Please, keep on smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your kind words. I lived in Thailand for the total of 19 years of my life (on and off) but spent time in the US and Europe for over 30 years and I find Thailand and people confusing at times. Things do change quite drastically in some areas and not all of the changes are so good (my opinion). Again Thanks.

Cheers!

• 7 years later...

Archived