How Has Social Media Changed Thai Nightlife ?

unit731

How has social media changed nightlife in Thailand?

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, And the plethora of other social media forms.

What about smart phones. Do all have a smartphone now?

Do any see punters in bars with their smartphone out - using social media?

Same with the Thai gals?

Are there any "apps" for the nightlife scene in Bangkok/Pattaya/Phuket/Chiang Mai/Hua Hinn?

Are there "apps" for the gals?

What is the overall impact of social media on the nightlife scene in Thailand today?

At the Silver Dollar, I saw your cock out and then I saw it enter the mouth of a Thai lady who whilst getting on in life still knew the value of a good toothpick after a bit of nut from her Pad Thai had stuck between two loose teeth.

Gentlemen.

The "cock" is not the type of social media in original posting.

I think that the original posting was generally about technology and such - in the social scene of Thailand in 2014.

Most Thais I know use Facebook, Instagram, a lot. Instagram is more popular in Bangkok than anywhere else I've been in or out of Thailand. Everyone except 3 people in the hill tribes has a smart phone and uses the Line app. Whatsapp comes in 2cd place, WeChat 3rd.

Twitter not as common as in the West but seeing more of it, especially now.

How has it changed things? Hmmm. People are more oblivious and glued to their gadgets. Constant barrage of selfies and photos every day. Txt'ing is preferable to phone calls (you can include me on that one). I don't know.

"Constant barrage of selfies and photos every day." could be amended to "Constant barrage of selfies and photos every minute of every hour of every day."

Civilisation has changed, in the coming generations, only those who know the modern equivalent of "Don't believe anything you read", will have a chance of rising above the masses. I think George Orwell's 1984, underestimated the moronity that is capable of being achieved in the populace.

Is moronity a word?

Answers on the back of a twit, send it to hashbrown#whateverisyourfavourite and then we'll know who's really popular :)

At the Silver Dollar, I saw your cock out and then I saw it enter the mouth of a Thai lady who whilst getting on in life still knew the value of a good toothpick after a bit of nut from her Pad Thai had stuck between two loose teeth.

Bollocks, she was trying to dislodge a large plum from her throat, which was causing her some breathing difficulties.