Windows Firewall

Flashermac

Not really ... the ordinary red shirts are all right, same same the ordinary PDRC protesters. You just have to watch out for the more militant ones. I visited the yellow shirt camp in 2006, the red shirt camp in 2010, and the whistleblower camps in 2013-14. I was welcomed every time, especially when they found they could speak Thai to a foreigner. The red shirts and whistleblowers were both quite friendly. The yellow shirts seemed to be angry and more suspicious of strangers. :dunno:

I found out why. The anti-virus program has its own and doesn't like Windows. Doesn't seem very friendly.

That is a Windows 8 "feature". If you (or the OEM) install(s) a third-party anti-virus product (like McAfee or Norton Antivirus) (bletch and double bletch, in no particular order), it overrides the built-in Windows Defender (Firewall and anti-virus).

Frequently, the OEM gets a nice kickback from McAfee or Norton for installing their "trial" version. After 30 days or so, the trial version demands that you start paying real money.

The good news is that Windows 8 will enable Windows Defender, which includes the Windows Firewall, if you uninstall the third-party product.

Been there, done that.