Tripadvisor Airline Reviews

Interesting to note the different airlines alcohol policy for instance Air Asia, no alcohol allowed, but no alcohol understandable with Egypt Air, Royal Brunei.

Thai Airways, Bangkok Airways no problem, but Russian's visiting Thailand cannot get alcohol if they fly with Aeroflot. There is a full ban in effect for flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Havana, and Bangkok.

Emeriates, allow alcohol except if you are flying to Saudi Arabia.

Emirates charge normal excess baggage fees for chickens, goats and pigs as checked baggage. Falcons and guide dogs are allowed to travel for free in the cabin.

On alcohol sales during flights, and forgive me if I'be told this tale before.. - flew Jetstar a year ago, Melbourne to BKK direct. Ordered and paid for a couple of beers for the Good Lady and I in economy, and by some miracle the trolley lady came back again and I asked for two more.... "No" was the definitive answer - responsible service of alcohol and all that - must be 2 hours between drinks. The Baroness and i were not happy... however - flying home in Jetstar's version of Business - 6 drinks before take off, 3 of them I didn't even ask for (top ups, etc) after living it large in the Qantas Club for 3 hours waiting for our flight.. bit of a contrast on the same airline which wouldn't let us pay for drinks a fortnight before...

I was once told by a Qantas flight attendant that I was drinking the free beer too quickly "We need to slow you down a bit." She made me wait 90 minutes for my next beer. I will never fly Qantas again.

I'm teetotal now but its the principle.

• Like 1

On a TG flight couple of years ago, economy section, me and another Brit get chatting, and drinking, Heineken I recall. The waitress kept them coming pretty much the whole 12 hours, not a problem. It was a fairly empty flight I recall, felt like a 2hour flight not 12.

Many years ago, probably 2003/4, I travelled to Bangkok with two mates (Teddy and Candyfloss). After dinner I buzzed the hostesses, a hostess came and I ordered 3 G&T's, next round Teddy buzzed the hostesses, a hostess came and he ordered 3 G&T's and then Candyfloss buzzed the hostesses, a hostess came and he ordered 3 G&T's. When it got back to my turn again I buzzed the hostesses and they just brought 3 G&T's. That carried on for the rest of the flight and one time they even brought us 3 G&T's without us even buzzing them. When we arrived in Bangkok we had to assist Teddy off the plane! On top of the fantastic service the hostess who served us most of the time just happened to be one of the most beautiful Thai women I have ever seen. I fell in love, again.