Hand Writing

SpiceMan

I can read Thai text in standard printed fonts - at perhaps the level of a retarded Thai seven year old. But - in most cases, I cannot read hand-written Thai - because the individual letters always seem to be compressed horizontally, with whirls and strokes indistinguishable. In other words, I cannot differentiate between hand written sets as follows:

ต ด ค

ข ช ฃ

บ ษ

ถ ภภ

I can tell within a few words when I am on Facebook a persons educational level regarding spelling mistakes and the way their Thai is written.

Not in any derogertory way, but much the same as someone writing in English, poor spelling and grammar would be noticeable.

I do use software to correct and tidy up, when I post in English sometimes. Something else I do is store my friends names in English in my mobile rather than in Thai because it is easier. But having written and spoken English for over ten years I'm getting better.

" Not in any derogertory way " What don't you understand about this sentence ?

Derogatory is using language meant to hurt or insult, which you use in your posts towards me for some reason. Racial, sexist, and homophobic slurs are all derogatory as you well know.

But if it makes you feel better then carry on ...... up to you I don't mind