Android Questions - From An Apple Boy

Coss

Hi,

No idea how they are now, but the niece got one from her boyfriend a few years back, and it was utter garbage. Required an inordinate amount of force to recognize a touch on the screen. Very slow as well.

Of course, that was ~4 years ago, so they may well have improved since.

Sanuk!

I think you are going to be disappointed.

Upgrading will be perhaps less than easy. You will either need a manufacturer update process usually done OTA or you would most likely have to root it (not the Aussie version) and download an update that will work with it, fraught with difficulties unless it's identical to a better known device then you might find something at xdadevlopers.com

I also regretted spending 6K baht on an AigoPad. Was planned for my son so he would not take up all the home Ipad time.

He refused to use it - the Ipad was just so easy. The AigoPad sits still unused - even I gave up on it - the android interface was so and not very touch sensitive.

This was 2 years ago.

I've found that a "good" android tablet costs almost as much as an iPad. A good android tablet can be as good as an iPad, different, but as good, all depends on you. I have both and have some identical apps on both, they work the same, behave the same and really it's hard to differentiate.

The cheap tablets are simply junk in my opinion, bit like buying a Yugo and expecting a Mercedes, aint happening. Now the Yugo drives, stops, goes round corners and will carry your shopping probably as adequately as anything else but the user experience is different. Few people would expect it to be otherwise. Google Nexus 7 or one of the Samsung Galaxy Tabs would be my only recommendations for a tablet if you want to be happy about your purchase.

Thank you gents, I was toying with the idea, as my iPhone 4 is now getting a little small for my eyesight, so I want to relegate it to phone status, I was thinking about one of these phablets for games and such, but as I have an iPad mini, maybe it'd be redundant.

Was Micro$oft going to put out a 27" tablet? I wonder what happened to that...