Little Boy And Fat Man

Was there really the necessity to drop two A-bombs on the Japanese to force them to surrender all those years ago, and only three days apart. Would not one have been enough or was the USA testing to see which bomb worked best ?

Nothing wrong with the topic per se, it's just that you seem to post endless topics just for the sake of posting something? You've been a member for a couple of months yet you've started over 70 threads, most of which have probably only garnered a couple of replies. I know the board can always use more traffic but starting threads just for the sake of it seems pretty pointless to me. Others will no doubt disagree. :cover:

Lee Kwan Yew:

"I was a Chinese male, tall and the Japanese were going for people like me because Singapore had been the centre for the collection of ethnic Chinese donations to Chongqing to fight the Japanese. So they were out to punish us. They slaughtered 70,000 - perhaps as high as 90,000 but verifiable numbers would be about 70,000. But for a stroke of fortune, I would have been one of them.

"But they also showed a meanness and viciousness towards their enemies equal to the Huns'. Genghis Khan and his hordes could not have been more merciless. I have no doubts about whether the two atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were necessary. Without them, hundreds of thousands of civilians in Malaya and Singapore, and millions in Japan itself, would have perished."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sook_Ching