Whois.com

bust

Does anybody know how to edit information on your omain hosting.

Have a couple of snoops trying to run interference on a new business venture I am involved in and would like to throw them off the scent.

Please keep in mind I get lost on computers for dummies.

The major web hosting companies have procedures in place to alter registrant information on websites they host. Changing an address is easy and in most cases can be done on line, providing you have the necessary access passwords. If the website was designed and build by someone else you may not have these passwords.

Changing the registrant's name or changing ownership is more difficult. You will have to download a form to change these details, that will require the registrant signature and then manually posting back to the hosting company for approval.

A confirmation email will be sent to the registrant, and when confirmed the change will take place.

Does anybody know how to edit information on your omain hosting.

Have a couple of snoops trying to run interference on a new business venture I am involved in and would like to throw them off the scent.

Please keep in mind I get lost on computers for dummies.

As was said, you can pay them to keep some information private, but there are still ways to find it. And no payment to the registering agency will stop a subpoena. Trying to spoof the results through other means is illegal in just about everywhere but esp with ICANN and can land you in a boat load of trouble.