Car Hire Bangkok Airport

Hi

Does anyone have any idea which is the best car hire company at Bkk airport?Would like to know if anyone has any experience of hiring a car at the airport.If they would recommend a company to hire from

Cheers in advance

When I was back in the UK last year I hired a car from Avis and as I was going to be travelling in parts of Englandshire that I didn't know I enquired about renting a GPS as well. Cost of car hire ~ £15 / day, cost of GPS hire ~ £15 / day! :shocked: OK, the GPS daily charge was limited to 14 days (£210) and I was hiring a car for a month but I could have bought a new GPS for that. In the end I downloaded the Navfree app onto my Samsung tablet and used that instead. Works pretty good.

The whole airport car rental is a disappointment at best, a disaster normally.

Make sure you know where you have to return the car. There are no signs to help you find the rental car return "hut" - it is close to the Public Transportation Center.

All the big guys (except maybe Dollar/Enterprise) are at the main airport in the arrival area.

• 3 weeks later...

Years ago I was advised that if going overseas to rent the car ahead of time in your home country.

As opposed to renting directly at airport upon arrival.

Times and technology may have changed.

But do shop around on web sites. And do find out where/how to pick up and return car.

When flying in the states and if rental is required I rent off the Southwest Airlines web site. Even if not flying Southwest and flying a different airline.

Rentals for me anyway are cheaper by a good amount doing this way.