Footbal Season 2014-2015

limbo

Thomas Vermaelen is off to Barcelona for £15 million. A shame really cos I always liked him, even though his form dropped off after two excellent initial seasons.

The thing I don't get though is that he could barely get a game for Arsenal, even when we were shipping 4, 5 and 6 goals a game to our title rivals, yet he's good enough for Barcelona?! :dunno::confused::hmmm:

As a Celtic supporter I'm delighted but the penalty does seem a tad harsh?!

I thought you supported Arsenal make your mind up, in the unlikely occurrence of Celtic v Arsenal in Champions League which team would you support more?

Typical Plastic fan.

I thought you supported Arsenal make your mind up, in the unlikely occurrence of Celtic v Arsenal in Champions League which team would you support more?

Typical Plastic fan.

Shame you can't respond to a post with out being an asshole! :shakehead

I support Celtic in Scotland and Arsenal in England, as is my prerogative. Do you have a problem with that?

Typical Manc :wanker:

Tony Pulis leaves Crystal Palace ahead of Premier League opener

Pulis, 56, met with chairman Steve Parish earlier in the day amid reports of friction between the pair over areas of responsibility.

The former Stoke manager has been frustrated by the failure to land a number of his transfer targets during the summer.

Assistant manager Keith Millen will be in temporary charge for Saturday's trip to Arsenal.

Bookmakers' odds had tumbled as speculation over Welshman Pulis' job intensified.

The remainder of Pulis' coaching staff - including Gerry Francis and Dave Kemp - have been asked by Parish to stay on for the Arsenal game before leaving the club.

Pulis wanted to assume greater control of all football matters at Selhurst Park - especially transfers.

• 2 weeks later...

Are people bored with the EPL already? Some interesting signings at the end. Falcao to United, Welbeck to Arsenal was an interesting one.

I think that was desperation by United. Falcao isn't the Falcao they think he is. Why would he be hawked around Europe for the whole transfer window only to be signed needing an extension to the transfer window by United?

I'm loving this next phase in United's history. A last gasp attempt to get back into the the top four and resume CL participation. It might push them back years if doesn't pay off. They should have recognised that they had an ageing squad and tried to rebuild with the best young talent around, instead they added to the ageing squad ageing players.

A forward line of Rooney aged 28, Falcao aged 28, soon to be 29, RVP 31.

Even if they do manage to pull it off they will need to replace them in the next few years just like they needed to replace Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic which they haven't.

And Arsenal fans, what do you think of Welbeck for £17m? I saw him for the first time live at Anfield in the FA youth cup semi final about 4 years ago and he was unstoppable played on his own up front. Then I saw him come through and United played him everywhere but his best position. I don't think he is world class but in the right set up and played in the right position I think he could be a good buy.

WebRep

currentVote

noRating

noWeight

Welbeck could turn out to be a good deal or not, depending how things turn out. I recall Henry's career had stagnated before Wenger brought him to Arsenal and turned things around for him.

Also turning to Manchester United, I can't understand how they run the club with so much debt. They're apparently hundreds of millions in debt, yet buying new players for millions more. Isn't it all going to collapse like a house of cards one day like Leeds Utd? :dunno: