Earphones / Headphones

The_Munchmaster

Stuck here at the lowest place in the world, and possibly the most boring place in the world, I have been spending waaay more time than usual watching movies/tv shows on the laptop/tablet and music on the smartphone. After all there's feck all else to do. Anyway a lot of this watching/listening takes place in the hotel bar and therefore I have to wear phones of some kind. Currently I use the bud ear phones which came with my Galaxy S5 and they fit well/do the job ok. However I'd be interested in getting something better (not that I'll be able to get them here as there are no shops!) and was wondering what others use?

Teddy was here for the weekend and had a big pair of headphones (I think he's compensating for the size of something else :hubbahubba:), dr beat or something like that, however I wouldn't want anything that big as they were pretty bulky. Anyway any recommendations would be appreciated.

I was in the local Best Buy a few years ago, looking for something else, when I discovered that they had Bose QuietComfort 15 noise-cancelling headphones for sale.

It was one of the easiest and fastest purchase decisions I've ever made.

I've had a pair of QC15's for a few months now. Not sized for Scottish wallets no matter the likely discount but very comfortable for long periods of time, they are over the ear types so they don't tend to burn like some after an hour or so and the noise cancelling is second to none. I wouldn't rate them as real high end sound performance wise but for anyone with less than golden ears you will certainly enjoy them. Build quality is very good, nice carrying case and comes with the extras like an i device mic and control and a aircraft ise adapter.

Have you ever thought of getting a job where one can listen to TV and music in the comfort of ones own room rather than having to slum it in Hotel bars and be the sad case peering into his tablet listening with tinny headphones and ignoring the world.

Of course I jest, I have also been the sad old twat stuck in the middle of nowhere, boredom's vill staring at a screen with headphones on waiting until next pay day.

TDK WR700 is my choice, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2418359,00.asp are my phones of choice, They utilise Kleer Technology as opposed to bluetooth which is most common for wireless headsets, Kleer has a wider frequency spectrum, even though I am not sure at my age with fading hearing I can actually notice the difference.

I prefer the wireless option, apart from not getting wrapped up in a lead it allows the freedom to walk around the apartment unrestricted.

There are probably better headphones available on the market but on a "Bang per Buck" ratio TDK WR700 take some beating.

Thanks guys.

The Bose QuietComfort 15 are about £260, which is probably a lot more than I would want to spend.

The TDK WR700 are about £65 which is probably more in my price bracket. I like the idea of wireless but not sure about battery powered headphones (Mekong, how long do you typically get from a set of batteries?).

Munchie

Not something I have actually timed since I don't use them on a Daily basis or for the same amount of time when I do use them. Looking at online reviews stating 30-40 hours battery life and that is just for regular Alkaline batteries as opposed to Duracell, that figure is about right.

I am currently using Alkaline "Rocket Plus" No I have never herd of them either, made in Thailand but for export market, I picked up 8 Packs (2 per pack) for $2.00 at the local mom pop store in Vietnam over a month ago and the first packs are still going strong so battery life and operational cost is not a concern.

Munchie. Forget about that shit and get yourself a pair of SMS Audio headphones. These are mine which are around £350 but they have a full range at all price levels. I didn't pay for mine, I won them when I bought a Macbook Pro in a new shop in Dubai. They had an offer where if you bought a Macbook Pro you could dip your hand in a bucket and pull out a raffle ticket. They were advertising stuff like a free 16gb thumb drive but I got lucky and won the headphones. And that's not me. I don't wear baseball caps.

x2_71fc1ff.jpg

WebRep

currentVote

noRating

noWeight