What's With Facebook?

Flashermac

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB I challenge you. Start a modeling in Thailand without using facebook.

waert,

again, and with all respect, do try any kind of serious business on FB, doomed to fail !

it only works with websites.

as for modeling, and Thailand, I have no interest at all, but I can only see that even you did not succeeded.

BB

with website

Mekong just proves you are not in the modelling business or film industry in Thailand. Most goes through facebook.

W

W,

You are correct, I am not in the modelling business or film industry in Thailand so I have no idea how much the industry relies on Facebook.

IMHO running a business behind a Facebook account rather than ones own domain is akin to having a P.O. Box rather than a physical traceable address.

I am not having a dig at you or anything but IMHO business via Social Media alone is a half hearted attempt of trying to establish a sustainable business structure. Refer to my reply to Baa, every company he mentioned has their own domain and relies on Social Media as secondary which I agree is not a bad business model, but to utilise and rely upon social media as ones primary web presence demonstrates amateur / half hearted attempt at running a successful business.

At the end of the day opinions are like arseholes we all have one, if you wish to pursue your modelling and film industry connections via Facebook I wish you the best of luck

Well I for one think that you wouldn't get anywhere without Facebook in LOS if you were wanting to conduct business in the Fashion or Entertainment industry.

Waerth, this is not a dig at you. - Most all, of the participants in the Fashion or Entertainment industry, don't know how to work a real website, they are superglued to the nipple of the feckless and facile, the only information exchange they are good at, is the exchange of phone numbers and Facebook pages and occasional 'real' conversations, you know, the ones where you use your voice and say things like "Oh ya, it's like, you know, you knoooowwww. And she's such a drag, oh ya, mmm, ya... (repeat ad infinitum)".