Why Islam Creates Monsters

SpiceMan

There are 1.6 billion muslims in the world and that article as well as people on here are labelling all of them as terrorists when in fact it is only a tiny percentage and the vast majority are normal peaceful people.

Not every Muslim is a terrorist. But every terrorist is a Muslim. At least that's what my Uncle Kev says. And he's got A-Levels.

I was going to comment that it is either down to racism or sheer ignorance. I suspect though it is a combination of both.

Islam is not a race, as the religion is open to people of every ethnicity.

You appear to be taking the Muslim line that in order to criticise the religion you have to be an expert in it. Whereas they dismiss all other religions and atheism without knowing anything about them.

• Like 1

Muslim worker refuses to sell ham and wine to customer in Tesco in Neasden

A supermarket giant has issued an apology after a Muslim worker refused to serve a customer buying ham and wine saying he was fasting for Ramadan.

Julie Cottle, has lodged a complaint with Tesco after the employee at the manned till inside the Express branch in Neasden Lane, insisted she use the self-service checkout.

Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar when Muslims, who are strictly forbidden from consuming alcohol and pork at all times, fast between dawn and sunset.

Mrs Cottle told the Times: “He pointed at the ham and wine in my basket and said ‘I can’t serve you that because I’m fasting’.

“When I told him he should be serving customers not turning them away he still refused telling me to go to the self-service.

“I was furious.â€

When Mrs Cottle, a mother-of-three, complained to the manager she said he backed the worker.

“He insisted I use the self-checkout but said he would pass on my complaint,†she said.

“I’m disgusted. If he is refusing to do his job he shouldn’t be there.â€

Mrs Cottle said after calling customer services when she got home she was told the worker could face disciplinary action.

She added: “I hope he does. If he can’t serve food he shouldn’t be working in a supermarket.â€

A spokesman for Tesco said: “We’re here to serve our customers the products they choose to buy. We don’t have a specific policy and take a pragmatic approach if a colleague raises concerns about a job they have been asked to do.

“We apologise to our customer for any inconvenience on this occasion.â€

I went into a small Ma/Pa shop in Malaysia and asked, on the off chance, if they sold beer. I knew

it was a Muslim shop but the owner was quite polite and informed me they didn't sell beer as they

were Muslim.

No fuss, no mess and being Malaysia is about 60% Muslim, no big deal.

Most Pakistani restaurants in England don't sell alcoholic drinks but they let you bring in your own and don't charge corkage.

How many Pakistani restaurants have you experienced in England? Can you recommend the best one?