American Billionaire Made In Thailand Doubles Down On Kingdom After Coups

cavanami

<<he reserved the two highest floors for himself, installing a spa, a wine cellar>>

Surely putting a cellar on a top floor of a building means the building is a tad short, or he employed Thai architects?

I had read he sold advertising space for a Thai publication to Thai's, my understanding was he's fluent in Thai.

Who knows?

I would be very surprised if his Thai only consists of 100 words. Presumably he can at least count to 100 in Thai, at that is 100 words right there. ;)

On a scale of 0-4 (almost identical to the US Foreign Service language proficiency test), Peace Corps managed to get three-fourths of my group up to level 1 in just 8 weeks of language training. That is "survival Thai" - poor pronunciation but able to introduce yourself, buy things, feed yourself, book train tickets etc. Heinecke has been in LOS since he was 17. How could he not be at least at that level? (Even in Bangkok in the 1970s, you didn't find many Thais who spoke English. Plus all street signs were only in English. If you couldn't read Thai or speak Thai, you'd be lost outside of the tourist areas.)

I would be very surprised if his Thai only consists of 100 words. Presumably he can at least count to 100 in Thai, at that is 100 words right there. ;)

Actually one can count to 100 in Thai using only 13 words

1-10 = 10

ed = 1

yi =1

Roi =1

Think about it