What Are You Paying For A Beer These Days?

bust

The range is Soi 4 which is where I usually drink was 80 baht the lowest up to 130 baht (was told by someone else) in a normal beer bar GoGos generally 150-160 baht.

But in Phnom Penh happy hour in one particular place was 2 for 1 of draught $1.00 ... so that's 50 cents a beer (15 baht) Pretty good value in my books. Will be re-thinking my travel plans in future.

Agree Frash about Dollhouse it is one of the few I will go in on Cowboy. Worst one in Soi 4 was buy me drink followed by and one for my sister and one for service girl and one for barman.......yeah right. Check bin :shakehead

Bottled Beer either Bia Ha Noi or Bia Sai Gon 15,000 VND for a 450 ml bottle thats approx 22.5 THB state controlled price. Both a decent drop 4.2% proof

Normally stick to Bia Hoi, local brewery "Fresh Beer" that is 15,000 VND for a 2 Liter pitcher which equates to 5 THB per 450 ml. :_party:

As I've said before, I suppose it is the Black Tiger we had in Bangkok 8 or 10 years ago. It was a nice dark Lager, but the Thais wouldn't buy it. :(

In the 1980s there was even a Thai gin, not the greatest but cheap and drinkable. Again, the Thais wouldn't buy it and there weren't enouh Farangs around to make it profitable. Anyone heard of Tumbler? It was the only Thai "whisky" that was actually drinkable, taste much like a cheap brand of Scotch. It vanished in a few years too. Couldn't compete with Mekhong and Saengsom.