What Are You Paying For A Beer These Days?

bust

My trip to Hanoi - the small hotel restaurant/bar - had only Heineken or 333. Stored in a fridge - just slightly cooler then warm.

I hear ya about warm beer, it seems to be a Vietnam wide problem, they just can't seem to grasp the concept of setting the fridge to "Arctic" and filling with beer.

Fortunately for me the local bar and restaurant owners are now getting the message "Bia Lanh" (Cold Beer) it's only taken the best part of a year to bring them up to speed

Lets not get into a "my alcoholism is bigger than yours" pissing contest.

Not a pissing contest at all, 6 x 330 ml is approx 4 Pints (Imperial) not exactly a copious amount to consume, whilst I accept it puts one over the Drink / Drive Limit (or DUI as the Americans call it) it is hardly drunk. Most evenings after work I will go for dinner with my colleges and consume equivalent of 6-7 bottles per evening over a 3 hour period and up for work at 5:30AM the next morning without ever feeling drunk or having a hangover.

Different people have differing tolerance to alcohol, and in my case 4 pints does not get me drunk, I wish it would, it would save me a fortune.

• 1 month later...

.. in 1977 back in grim Northern England as a school kid who used to run the single cigs mafia on backseat upstairs of the school bus to finance my lifestyle, Oh the innocence of youth.

Ah, twas I who single handedly raised the price from 5p to 10p a single back in the early 1980s.

Economics dictated that you had to be able to sell half a pack for the price of a full pack to cover "overheads" and "profit".