Sign in to follow this  
The_Munchmaster

End Of An Era

I just read on Sticks site that Randy of Goldfingers is leaving Goldfingers and Patpong after 28 years!

I've got to know Randy well over the years and consider him a good friend and was aware that Goldfingers was, like many other bars in Patpong, struggling financially, so his departure comes as no surprise. Unfortuntely since I have come to Jordan my text messages to him have gone unanswered.

By inference, Sticks article would suggest that Goldfingers will remain, however I would assume that it will change name and format as without Randy it has no chance of surviving in its present form. More likely though it will cease to be a bar altogether.

Apparently his last night is August 14th so disappointed that I can't be there as he should get a great send off.

Of course with Randy/Goldfingers gone my reasons to go to Patpong are diminished substantially. What a change from the 90's when I was never out of the place!

That's a shame but good luck to Randy wherever he goes. Put on a great gold day for his birthday. Candy's uncle Kev will also be gutted, he loved that place.