Hua Hin Immigration Clarifies Rules On Foreigners Carrying Id

Then was the farang that went to put a ciggie butt in the trash, missed and as he bent down to pick it up...

the ciggie cops were on him demanding $$$$

Some time back, they had the signs up about littering in the Sala Daeng area but the Thais completely ignored

the signs and the trash went from hand to street with the litter police doing nothing :dunno:

Selective enforcement...

The only time I`ve ever been asked to show my passport was on the bus from Mair Sot to Tak.At the checkpoint all the Thais had to show their ID cards and the soldier searched my backpack and looked through my passport.They seemed rather nervous to see a Farang in that neck of the woods or maybe its just me that looks suspicious :hubbahubba: ......that was several yrs back,nothing since then.Slightly worrying that this 2000 bt fine is mentioned again as it gives an excuse for unscrupulous MIBs to shake down tourists in the same way as they do with the cigarette dropping scam on Suk.

One of my students told me how she and several of her friends were stopped one day by the police west of Kanchanaburi. Unfortunately, they didn't have their ID cards with them and the police accused them of being Burmese. They insisted they were Thai, so the police asked them to sing the Thai national anthem. They sailed through it, and the police let them go. So either carry your ID, or learn to sing the Thai national anthem. :)