What Is The Latest Book That You Have Read?

cavanami

The Reversal

by: Michael Connelly

Longtime defense attorney Mickey Haller is recruited to change sides and prosecute the high-profile retrial of a brutal child murder.

After 24 years in prison, convicted killer Jason Jessup has been exonerated by new DNA evidence. Haller is convinced Jessup is guilty, and he takes the case on the condition that he gets to choose his investigator, LAPD Detective Harry Bosch.

Together, Bosch and Haller set off on a case fraught with political and personal danger. Opposing them is Jessup, now out on bail, a defense attorney who excels at manipulating the media, and a runaway eyewitness reluctant to testify after so many years.

With the odds and the evidence against them, Bosch and Haller must nail a sadistic killer once and for all. If Bosch is sure of anything, it is that Jason Jessup plans to kill again.

Excellent read! **** 1/2

Fare Thee Well, Joel Selvin - story of the Grateful Dead post-Jerry Garcia death through to the farewell concerts done by the remaining band members 20 years later.  Spoiler alert: if you're looking for the villains, it's Phil and Jill Lesh...

• 1 month later...

Someone mentioned on the movies thread “The Odessa Files” but for me the Fredrick Forsyth novel was a lot better same with Day of the Jackal and The Fourth Protocol.

My first “Big Boys” book was when I was 13 and my dad handed me a copy of a David Morrell novel. I was intrigued by the adventures of this Vietnam vet run out of town and hunted down by Sheriff Will Teasel and government agencies, how he used his combat and survival skills to evade capture.

I spent many a night under the bedcovers with a torch reading “Just one more page or ten” and cheering on the sub hero John Rambo.

The-book, as you may have guessed by now, First Blood, the image in my mind was clear as anything, but when Sylvester Stallone made the movie it wasn’t a patch on my imagination.

Many a good book / authors  have been spoiled by the movies such as Forsyth and Clancy to just name a couple

• 5 months later...
On 6/2/2022 at 8:55 AM, Mekong said:

Someone mentioned on the movies thread “The Odessa Files” but for me the Fredrick Forsyth novel was a lot better same with Day of the Jackal ......

Sir , The Day of the Jackal I have read so often that the book is in the process od disintegrating.

On 6/2/2022 at 8:55 AM, Mekong said:

• 7 months later...
On 12/30/2021 at 11:51 PM, migrant said:

When you finish try James Lee Burke.  He has a couple series and some independent books out.  Fantastic, descriptive writer.   Also available in paper.

Following your advice I bought the first 3 books yesterday. Found a second hand source charging about 3,50 €/Book.

Where is Cavanami by the way. No see long time.

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2022 at 6:04 AM, YimSiam said:

Fare Thee Well, Joel Selvin - story of the Grateful Dead post-Jerry Garcia death through to the farewell concerts done by the remaining band members 20 years later.  Spoiler alert: if you're looking for the villains, it's Phil and Jill Lesh...

Supposedly more so Jill…

On 6/2/2022 at 12:57 PM, Coss said:

Yes the book was good, the Stallone movie and anything else made with Stallone, not so good.

Stallone sucks on so many levels, basically stole the story of Rocky, got sued, lost, never paid up…dodged the draft then made movies (Rambo) portraying Vietnam vets as Psychos, glorifies gun violence in many of his movies, then says no one should own guns…etc…total load…