Knee Defender

unit731

Would you like more legroom in that cramped economy class seat?

“A $22 product designed to protect the most sacred of things when flying –- personal space -– led to an unscheduled landing in Chicago during a flight from Newark to Denver.

Two passengers aboard the diverted United Airlines flight got into a heated argument Sunday after a male passenger used the product, the Knee Defender, to prevent the woman in the row in front from reclining her seat.

The man, who was not identified, placed the Knee Defender’s brackets on his tray table attached to the back of the seat in front of him, 11B.

The female passenger seated in 11B became angry over not being able to recline her seat and reportedly threw a cup of water in the man’s face. “

LINK

Hi,

I think these things should be banned. Basically what they are doing is giving you more comfort but at the expense of someone elses.

People using this are saying their right to comfort outweighs the right to comfort for the person in front of them.

Oh, and him not removing it once asked makes him a total inconsiderate asshole.

And no, never had anyone use this on me. AFAIK anyway as I usually don't recline my seat that far (not that I fly often :) ).

Sanuk!

The problem is with all the seats they jam on the planes!

One flight, the person in front of me fully reclined his seat and had to stop using my lap top as his

reclined seat left zero space...WTF

More to grind my gears is when I am seated next to a "large" person...they being so fat that they lap

over into my seating area!

I would like to see plastic partitions between the seats to these large people will remain in their seating area!!!

Charge passengers by weight and space occupied. Of course, that would have plenty of travellers up in arms about "discrimination".

p.s. I had a Farang colleague who was 5' 2" and weighed about 50 kilos. He always got angry when he was asked to pay extra because his baggage was a few pounds over the limit.

If a seat cannot recline, do they ground the airplane? is the non-reclineable seat interfering with the operation of the airplane?

Hardly, but with the USA sooooooooooooooooo PC today and the idiots running the country (into the ground) someone may well do prison time...

Hi,

"Charge passengers by weight and space occupied."

I am all for that! And frankly, it makes sense to me. We get charged extra for luggage that is over the weight limit, so why not have a weight limit for people as well? Either that or combine luggage weight with personal weight and set a limit to that.

"fly business !"

Often not an option due to cost.

Sanuk!

Recently on an economy flight, must have been between Jordan and Dubai, the guy in front of me put his seat back. It was quite far back, which I didn't like, but couldn't do anything about. Then when they served food he didn't have anything and kept his seat reclined, so I asked the hostess to ask him to put his seat back up, which he reluctantly did but not enough. So the hostess had to ask him again and this time he put it up properly. Anyway before the trays have been collected he tries to recline his seat again but I notice and just use my arms to stop his seat reclining. He keeps trying and I keep stopping him. Clearly confused he looks over his shoulder a few times then stops trying. I actually got some pleasure out of this and for the rest of the flight every time he tried to recline his seat I just held it up (I was actually able to do it with one arm with my elbow resting in the window recess). I may have been a bit silly but the guy was clearly a c*nt.