Knee Defender

unit731

nice one :up: .....Something I`ve often wondered about ( not happened to me yet,thankfully ) - what happens if the person infront finishes their meal/snack before you and decides to recline their seat while you still have a cup of tea/coffee on your table - hot drink all over the trousers I would imagine :grinyes:

Had this happen to a male friend of ours, who got into a rather heated argument with the passenger in front, who kept pushing his seat full back whilst he was eating and knocked the coffee from his hand.

Even though it had all calmed down for the rest of the flight, the police were waiting on arrival ..... something about endangering a flight. ... he was delayed and got away with a warning from the police.

On a long haul flight, I won't take anything but an aisle seat. That way, if I get an inconsiderate a$$hole in front of me that puts their seat back 30 seconds after takeoff and puts it back up 30 seconds before landing, I can at least get up occasionally and walk around. I also check Seat guru to try to find a recommended seat on any particular flight that I am taking. What would be the airline's liability be if I developed blood clots soon after a long haul flight during which I was compressed at the legs by the person in front of me? I'll bet it's covered in the fine print and denies any compensation. The way airlines are trying to squeeze every last dollar on "extras'" I can't see the problem being resolved any time soon.

I try to get the emergency row, window seat and sleep. I'll put the seat back but often I am asked to bring the seat

upright during meals, which is OK with me. No big deal.

I have been stuck in the very last row where the seat didn't recline and sure enough, the person in front of me

fully reclined their seat. I asked them to bring their seat upright for the meal and they said, "no"...suddenly I "developed"

a coughing fit....ohhhhhh, soooo sorry I slimed your head....seat went quickly upright :dunno:

• Like 1

I only did it once but, after the person in front of me put their seat back, I did put on a mask that covered my mouth and nose. After coughing and saying in a low voice that my tuberculous was acting up today, the seat went up quickly.

What is really a pain in the ass is on long haul flights are children sitting behind you that can't seem be able to stop kicking the seat in front of them, with you sitting there. I have to confess that I accidently dropped the contents of a cold drink over their once. Since the flight was full, they unfortunately couldn't move from their soaked seat to a dry one. I apologized of course, but the kicking stopped and the child and parents both jumped to wary attention whenever I had to get up and pass their seats.