The Fattening Of The Lamb (Thailand)

JaiRai

Ahhh the wonders of Western Influence.

:ph34r: :xmascheer

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/09/04/fattening-thailand

<snip>:

“Anytime a developing country has a big rate of progress, there’s obesity," adds nutritionist expert Brian Allen, who has been based in Thailand and other parts of Southeast Asia for over two decades. While in the region, he allegedly witnessed a “dramatic growth in [the] average size of women and men in Thailand.â€

Allen goes to to explain that healthier individuals weren’t as scarce pre-progress as many were more self-sufficient in making their own food. The diet problem arises once individuals become “Westernized.â€

------

fatland.graph_.02.jpg?itok=-jU7rbKP

It took no study to discover this. Thais are definitely taller and fatter than they were in the 1970s and early '80s. (Except for rural upcountry, of course.) At six foot, I got stared at in the 1970s. Now I even have a few male students as tall or taller than I am. One reason the BGs have little appeal for me these days is because they are decided bigger around than they once were. The petite Thai waist has almost become extinct. Even at the universities, you are more apt to see students sitting in the dining areas pigging out as they are peering at their iPads than outside playing sports or in their rooms studying.