Thai Work Visa 2014

cavanami

We send the office ladies ahead of time, I stay at the office. As it gets close to Immi calling my number, the ladies

ring me up and I go to the Immi office.

Never there more then 30 minutes, as the office ladies deal with all the BS.

I know the office ladies have to make 4 ~ 5 trips to Immi to get the paperwork inspected, modified and updated.

I cannot imagine what the folks from Myanmar go thru! ouch!!!

What is a "Work Visa"? as far as I am aware no such thing exists.

Non Imm "B" (Business Visa) or Non Imm "O" (Supporting Family) is minimum to apply for work permit.

When I was working freelance in Thailand I never had a problem with Work Permit, in fact it was more difficult to close down the company and cancel the Work Permit than it was obtaining it in the first place.

Now try getting a Work Permit and a Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam now that is jumping through hoops and makes the Thai system look like a stroll in the park

By way of comparison -

When I did the marriage papers in The Glorious People's Republic, not only were there great piles of manila folders full of papers in the office, on every surface and in every nook and cranny, the two uniformed women officers, laboriously, hand copied each of my 20 + 2~3 page documents onto identical forms.

Like this -

"Is this your name?" - points at my document - "Yes" - writes name on new paper.

"Is this your address?" - points at my document- "Yes" - writes address on new paper.

"Is this your phone?" - points at my document- "Yes" - writes phone on new paper.

"Is this your email?" - points at my document- "Yes" - writes email on new paper.

and so on.

It took nearly three hours. My friends did not believe me. If they had a photocopier it must have been reserved for the elite...

Nah....it's just "coss" you look "shifty"....and were in the presence of a beautiful young Lao Lady.... LOL

:neener::hubbahubba::grinyes::hubbahubba::grinyes::hubbahubba::grinyes::hubbahubba::grinyes::neener:

What is a "Work Visa"? as far as I am aware no such thing exists.

Non Imm "B" (Business Visa) or Non Imm "O" (Supporting Family) is minimum to apply for work permit.

When I was working freelance in Thailand I never had a problem with Work Permit, in fact it was more difficult to close down the company and cancel the Work Permit than it was obtaining it in the first place.

Now try getting a Work Permit and a Temporary Residence Card in Vietnam now that is jumping through hoops and makes the Thai system look like a stroll in the park

I just had a look at the visa, but no indication of a "B" or "O", thus I just call it a work visa.

Very faintly stamped into my passport so cannot scan and show what it looks like. Basically a one year visa

with 90 day check-ins.