Ps3 Vs Ps4

radioman

Or should I buy an Xbox360?

Which is better for car racing games, arcade through to full on simulator style? Can I expect the PS4 title catalogue to grow exponentially over the next 6-12 months or will it remain sparse? And whats the deal with Blu-Ray and other media functions, have heard it said Ps3 beats Ps4 in this respect, true or...?

Hi,

There are at least 3 high profile racing games due in the near future, Drive Club (out on Wednesday I think), The Crew and Project Cars (both in Nov). The last one especially looks very, very realistic.

If you are getting a console now I would suggest getting a current gen one (PS4/Xbox One). Personally I am a PS guy. Own both PS3 and PS4 and very happy with them.

Not idea about the media functions as I don't use them, but for sure both can play Blu-Rays. The PS4 is still fairly new and extra functionality is regularly added through firmware updates.

Anyway, if you want to check out both you are welcome to swing by my house.

Sanuk!

Thanks KS,

Your comments and a bit more reading makes me think it's probably better to go with the PS4. I'm babysitting a Middle East airport right now so a visit would be out unfortunately but thanks for the offer.

Project Cars seems to be getting a lot of hype and looks good from what I see so I may just go get the 4 and become acquainted with it for a month or so.

Hi,

Cool. Let me know how you like it.

I've had mine since December and am quite pleased with it. Main gripe is that there aren't that many games for it yet, but this is changing with some interesting games being released in the next 2 months or so.

BTW, when setting up a PSN account make sure you pick the right area as it will affect how you can add funds to it, as well as what store to get demos, games from. E.g. I have a US account, and thus can use the US store and US PSN cards, but I cannot use my Thai credit card.

Getting a Thai account means you can use a Thai credit card, but you'd be stuck with the Asia store. I personally am glad I have a US account, but it doesn't matter too much I guess.

Anyway, if you have any questions, just drop me a PM.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"Is it possible to set this store up to be anywhere irrespective of actual location?"

Yes, just select the one you want to use when you set up your PSN account.

I created a US one while in Thailand. Actually, I also created a Dutch (Euro) and Japanese account (with diff emails) :)

If you want to use your UK card, I'd suggest getting a UK/EU account.

Sanuk!

Yeah tell me about it :biggrin:

No need to be particularly productive, fairly easy gig here just collecting the cash, until something falls over that is. Figure when I'm done here I should be able to either bring it home or sell it for about half what I pay, either way it's okay.