Hide-My-Ip.com Problems?

zen4dummies

I have been using hide-my-ip to spoof websites that will not send content into this country: mostly some PBS programs and sports programs. When I loaded Hide-My-IP.com and pressed the 'Hide-My-IP' button the download speed goes down to nothing. Hide-My-IP.com company is little help. Does anyone else have problems like this? If you can suggest an alternative (VPN or another spoofing product) I would appreciate it. Thanks, zen

I have used Hidemyarse and regularly change the ip adress I piggyback. Instead of hiding it replaces it. I am sure there are many more computer literate members here than can help.

I tried Zenmate with Chrome and that acted the same way as IE10 and Hide-My-IP. Very slow HTTP downloads. Does anyone use Hide-My-IP?

Hide-My-IP suggested that I look at the Windows firewall setting: Control Panel(Category View)/System and Security/Allow a program through Windows Firewall and allow Hide-My-IP through. After some playing around with those settings things started working. I will learn Windows 7 in spite of myself. Maybe before Windows 10 comes out.

Hopefully this is going to work.

zen