5 Years For Oscar Pistorius

In my home state you can only use lethal force if you are being physically threatened. You cannot shoot someone running away from you (even in your own home), let alone someone behind a closed door.

"You cannot shoot someone running away from you (even in your own home), let alone someone behind a closed door." "or a loved one..."

The prosecution is appealing the sentence - they want more time in jail. The defence's statement "Jail would be bad for him" - hardly an excuse not to send him there. They cited that he would not be allowed to use his artificial legs so shouldn't have to go to jail. Surely he is not the first amputee in South Africa to be sent to prison?

We'll see, I wonder what the sentence would have been had he not been able to afford a good lawyer.

• 2 weeks later...

The punishment should fit the crime, least he forget that he shot his girlfriend through a toilet door. Whilst in prison his prosthetic legs should be removed so he has to crawl daily back and forth the toilet, now that is Justice.

I still think that 'roid rage has a lot to do with this, that and the (unprovable) assertion that she'd yet to properly consumate the relationship.

"Whilst in prison his prosthetic legs should be removed so he has to crawl daily back and forth the toilet" Give him one... so he knows what's missing...