Best Phone Service To Usa

gawguy

• 4 months later...

A few months later... Pom Michael (or someone else who uses localphone): I'm in USA and just signed up for localphone and bought some credit. I registered my landline and I'll register a mobile. I'll be going to LOS in about a month, what do I do with this when I'm there?

I have a phone in LOS but not a smart phone, so I can't install an app. I would like to call from my mobile there, but I guess I can't, right? Aside from that I guess what I do in LOS is make calls from my laptop and to the recipient they appear to come from one of my US phones, whichever one I choose for the call. Is that right?

Thanks,

Gaw Guy

Register numbers from here also (landline / mobile) - works the same way for phones you regularly use there - you can call from the phones once you register. Now, without a smartphone - not sure how that will work.

I mostly use my computer to make phone calls to the USA. Second way is on the iphone using the localphone app. Both are connected - so any address in my computer app is also in my mobile app.

The other way I use is to receive calls - someone calls my USA number, and it is transferred to my local Thai phone. This you can set up at their website - called Call Forwarding.

Now for this - "I would like to call from my mobile there, but I guess I can't, right?" - i believe you need to do a mapping of the phone number you want on the localphone webpage, and they will assign that phone number a specific phone number that you call and it connects you. There are also callback services, etc... So it can be done.