Turn Clocks Back.

unit731

I have 3 "Atomic" wall clocks. Analog. Battery operated

Keep accurate time - never requires adjustment.

I have no idea what technology that is used in such.

BUT.

Twice a year I have to get ladder and take each "Atomic" clock down and move a tiny lever on back to or from DST. Then each clock automatically adjusts itself.

I'm guessing though, that each of these "Atomic" clocks has a miniature camera on face and that the NSA (or the Chinese) is constantly watching me.

Most probably they are radio clocks with a small receiver that takes time from an atomic source clock that broadcasts the time on a given frequency. In the US WWV Boulder, WWVH Hawaii, in the UK MSF, Rugby, In Japan JJY, and in China, but I cant recall the callsign. Usually on 2.5MHz, 5MHz, 10MHz or 15MHz. The time encoding is used to set the clock to the precise time. Since the time is syncronised with the transmitting station which takes it's time from an atomic locked source, usually rubidium these days I think. Have not looked at this stuff in 20 years so a bit hazy now.

You could use GPS these days I guess, cheap enough for the most part though the possibility of inaccuracies due to spacetime curvature resulting from Earth mass might upset some if not compensated for, about 45^-6 seconds per day, probably not in the same league as the accurate Thai clocks!