Yikes! The Polar Vortex Returns!

baa99

I always like how the activists wailing about "man-made climate change" (their obfuscating term for global warming) always tout the infallibility of the "experts" at governmental agencies that collude with their fantasies. In the US, the "expertise" of NOAA (The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration) is always cited as the basis for alarmist claims.

Well, look at what NOAA - just three weeks ago - had to say about the likelihood of polar vortex activity in the US this cold season: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/2014/10/20/dont-expect-winter-polar-vortex-redux/17630033/

Published 20 October, the money quote: "Mike Halpert of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration said Thursday that the upcoming winter looks pretty average in general. He doesn't expect a lot of extreme conditions like last year's cold outbreaks when Arctic air dipped south with the polar vortex.

"A repeat of last winter is not particularly likely," said Halpert, acting director of NOAA's Climate Prediction Center in College Park, Maryland."

The climate change loonies make noises as if the NOAA "experts" can reliably predict what is going to unfold ten, thirty, or a hundred years from now - and the forecast is is always for "hell in a hand-basket". Well - as evidenced at the link - the NOAA experts cannot even predict a MAJOR climate event coming in 21 days time - in fact, they get it EXACTLY wrong.

Laughable.

SS

• Like 1

Well - with the start of winter still more than 30 days away, America has recorded its first instance of ALL FIFTY STATES recording temperatures below freezing: (Fahrenheit temperatures shown):

20141117_PV2_0_0.jpg

So much for global warming - and its bastard stepsister "climate change" (when it is meant as an oblique referral to global warming).

SS

Playing the Devil's advocate: The Jet stream changing to bring cold down over North America (and or Europe) is a consequence of Global Warming/Climate change.

Not playing the Devil's advocate: The problem with this is, that I can distinctly remember people using this same change (the jet stream) to forecast at least a mini ice age, like they had in the middle ages, if not a full on ice age, - should the jet stream change. Now I guess we'll see.

Back then, there were estimates that the onset of an ice age could be observable in as little as 30 years.

I hope Gore is not dead by then.

• Like 1