Gun Control

Hi,

"Killing a bear or an elk or for that matter any animal, for the most part, is about killing for food, not for sport."

Not sure if I agree with that statement. I'd imagine that for many who hunt as a 'sport', it is about the kill itself.

Sanuk!

Whilst I only ever fish for food, I do see, mainly on TV, the tossers you may be referring to, who hunt or fish in a competitive manner, and their behaviour is execrable.

For them it's all about being able to 'high five' and shriek like teenage girls whenever anything happens.

I imagine they do the same for building brick walls or taking out the rubbish...

• Like 1

There were many, many things that black people were not allowed to do in the USA. Some were laws on the books

others were social restrictions.

The following were usually enforced in the southern parts of the USA:

The blacks had to ride in the back of the bus.

Blacks had to use their own (black) toilets and drinking fountains.

Blacks had to cross over to the other side of the street if a white women was walking toward them.

Blacks could not vote (some states the blacks had to take a test in order to qualify to vote).

Serious changes started in the 1950's and 60's.

Is that right, that once, a black person could not legally own a gun in America, when was that law changed ?

Never was any such law. But slaves could not own firearms, for an obvious reason.

As to burning witches in the American colonies, it never happened - not even once. Massachusetts was a civilised colony and only hanged witches.

However, one of my ancestors is supposed to have been drowned in the Severn in Shropshire, proving she wasn't a witch. (If she'd escaped her bonds and floated to the surface, it would have been proof that Satan had helped her.) I suspect she was singled out because she was Welsh. Her disgusted husband sold his inn and sailed to Virginia with their son.

It happened during the last great witch hunt in England and no doubt involved Matthew Hopkins.

"Another of his methods was the swimming test, based on the idea that as witches had renounced their baptism, water would reject them. Suspects were tied to a chair and thrown into water: all those who floated were considered to be witches."

He accused his wife of being a witch, so they bound her to a chair and chucked her into the river. She drowned, which meant she was innocent. The witch hunter then had to pay for her coffin and burial. I presume the husband had enough of England and decided to leave for the New World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Hopkins

DO a google for Ted Nugent. USA rock musician and an avid hunter. Why, to get fresh meat, without the chemicals they use in domestic meats.

Try this one... http://outdoorchanne...px?show-id=1004

You can buy organically grown beef, chicken, pork, venison, etc. You have no idea what chemicals a deer has consumed (fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides).

• Like 1