What Happens To Remaining Usage When I Renew?

gawguy

I work with a laptop and aircard in LOS. I have been using True for a few years with mixed results - the other night it went to 0kbs download speed for a couple of hours for no apparent reason and I was dead in the water. Also there are wild fluctuations in speed. Sometimes can stream youtube okay, sometimes can only send text msg because connection is so erratic.

Anyway..the current question: When I still have time on my 30 day limit, but have almost used up my 5GB download limit, but not quite used up the download limit, and I go in and pay for another 5GB, will the remaining download that I have be added to the new 5GB?

Example: Let's say on the 25th day of my 30 days I have 1 GB remaining and I purchase 5 more. Will I then start a new 30 day use period with 6GB on my account?

I suppose this same question might apply to smart phone usage.

(It may be unique to True, but I cannot check on line to see how many GB I have left. If I want to know I would have to go into their office and have them look it up, which is too much trouble.)

Thanks,

GG

Hi,

"(It may be unique to True, but I cannot check on line to see how many GB I have left. If I want to know I would have to go into their office and have them look it up, which is too much trouble.)"

If you have a smartphone, try downloading the 'True iService' app. Not used it myself (I'm on AIS), but looks like you can use that to check your usage amongst other things.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"(It may be unique to True, but I cannot check on line to see how many GB I have left. If I want to know I would have to go into their office and have them look it up, which is too much trouble.)"

If you have a smartphone, try downloading the 'True iService' app. Not used it myself (I'm on AIS), but looks like you can use that to check your usage amongst other things.

Sanuk!

Thank you, but I have avoided the smart phones so far. In fact I wore out a key on my last dumb phone and bought a new Samsung Model 690 baht.

So... I went to the True shop to "top up" my 5GBs before they run out and leave me stranded. My aircard meter says I've used 4.917GB and I still have 3 days to go until 30 days expire. (My aircard meter also says "Data usage is approximate. Contact your provider for actual usage.") I was told I couldn't do anything until the 30 days are up, so come back in 3 days. What I recall from looking at this quite a long time ago is that if I use up my 5GB allotment my service will not stop, it will just go very slow. You get 5GB of high speed and after that you get "whatever" speed. Has anyone operated at "whatever" speed? How bad is it?

I have a business that sometimes needs a phone call if an emergency comes up. I definitely need to be able to text my g/f back home and she'll make calls for me. Thus I was trying to renew the 5GB now so I could guarantee no interruption. I suppose I might have to go to an internet shop where I don't know what protection I have when I log into email.

Can anyone shed any light on this?