Bill Cosby A Sexual Predator?

yfs

Roman Polanski is a wanted man in the US, so he still may be prosecuted. (Shame on France for giving him asylum). Jimmy Saville is dead -- there is a law that says you can't put a dead man on trial. My understanding is that there is not enough evidence to put Bill Cosby on trial. The victim has to file charges in some of these cases and there has to be sufficient evidence before the prosecutor will take it to court. People loved Cosby's public personna, but he may be very different in private. It boils down to evidence -- is there enough for conviction.

• Like 1

The other side to these allegations, is that they are just that, allegations.

I read a good article from a lady journo who'd spent a (platonic) day or two with Mick Jagger. From the tone of the article she was as star-struck, as it was possible to be, he was a consummate gentleman. Even though he was enjoying her company he drew the line at having a photo with her, "One photo and suddenly there's a relationship, or I'm father of her children or something else..." He offered to write a note in a book or something as a memoir - no photos.

So Cosby is worth megabucks, he's in America. The puzzling thing is not that he's subject to unsubstantiated allegations, it's that there are not more of them.

I note that one of the high profile allegations is from a former model whose plastic surgery has not been kind to her over the years... Someone who would have been able to hold sway in the media, if she'd made these allegations at the time. I guess the mind set is, "Hey, I'll go to the party, take coke and get smashed, have sex with a celeb, all good for the career, and who knows, maybe a lawsuit in thirty years time..."

All of this overlooks the allegations of drugging. One simply does not use "date rape" drugging to get what one wants, no matter who one is. I agree that it's very difficult to prove at this late date, but it is the same thing Roman Polanski was accused of doing around the same time. (Just checked ... the girl Polanski shagged and cornholed was 13 at the time! Yet Hollywood rallied to his defence, trying to brand the girl as a slut.) Was drugging a celebrity "seduction" technique back then?

"The cover is a haunting close-up shot of the teenage Geimer (then known by her maiden name, Samantha Gailey), taken on Feb. 20, 1977, less than three weeks before Polanski drugged and raped her at Jack Nicholson's Mulholland Drive home during a modeling shoot when he also gave her alcohol and a quaalude."

http://www.hollywood...-unveils-591015

p.s. Plenty of celebs are worth megabucks. How many have been accused of rape? :hmmm:

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/ex-nbc-employee-claims-helped-bill-cosby-pay-184342015.html

Cosby now has claims against him from at least 15 women with varying charges of sexual assault. Since the allegations resurfaced, NBC has pulled a project with him, Netflix postponed a stand-up special it was going to stream and TV Land has stopped airing re-runs of “The Cosby Show.â€

"All of this overlooks the allegations of drugging. One simply does not use "date rape" drugging to get what one wants, no matter who one is."

I quite agree, but if celeb parties are anything like they are supposed to be, the issue would not be one of being drugged without one's permission, but to find one person amongst the guests who hadn't taken drugs and booze in one form or another.

With two divorces under my belt, I've had first hand experience of women changing the facts to suit their view when there's money in it, so even though I don't judge Cosby one way or the other, I do have doubts when there's not much evidence in the offing and a Gravy Train building up steam.

17 women so far, how much evidence? I would think that if you're rich enough and hetero, you'd get stunners throwing themselves at you daily. If it were me, I'd take them. And then thirty years later regret not getting a witnessed consent form.

Cos, have you actually read any of the news? These are mainly on-on-one encounters, in his dressing room or wherever. These weren't at any drug taking parties. The claims are that he gave them spiked drinks. And the women were not throwing themselves at him either. They describe waking up to find themselves nude or minus their knickers. Big difference.

True? I don't know. But they almost all claim that Cosby invited them backstage or somewhere private to discuss business. Then he offered them a drink. The charges are consistent, to say the least.

Roman Polanski is a wanted man in the US, so he still may be prosecuted. (Shame on France for giving him asylum)..

The gal was under age. Granted.

But I recall the time of the charges. The incident was found out when the young gal was bragging to one of her girl friends about how she got him to shag her. The mother of the gal overheard the telephone conversation - then charges were brought.

Even Samantha Gailey has her own version.

History has changed the story a tad.

Samantha’s Story

“Instead, Polanski drove her to his friend Jack Nicholson's Hollywood Hills home, gave her Champagne and a piece of Quaalude and, after learning that she was not on birth control, anally raped her, according to court records.â€

LINK