Road Works At Nana Plaza - A First Short Report Of Nep

Nasiadai

Flashermac, thanks for this article; an insightful, illuminating text.

JaiRai

The great irony of course is that spending a casual day together without worrying about time, etc. is more correlated to traditional Thai/Buddhist values.

Yes, a good point. I forgot to mention the important role of Buddhism believe and the Buddhistic upbringing of the girls.

French author Michel Houellebecq (we discussed about his novel Platform here on this board – 2001 / 2002, I think) wrote a novel called “Die Ausweitung der Kampfzone†(German, I don’t know the French title). The English translation: "The extension of the cambat zone"; not long, about 180 pages or so. In this tale Houellebecq describes, that the capitalist laws of the market economy subject more and more nearly all parts of all social systems and subsystems. Even the subsystem “family†gets under the control of the market laws. The solidarity between members of the own family is slowly fading away. An example: We maintain and no longer take care of our parents who become old and needy. We shunt them off into a nursing home.

I will not go further into this very complex issue here; otherwise I would have to write an article of 25 pages and more with recourse to some books and theories of diverse sociologists.

To make it short:

The positive economic development of Siam in the last decades, more jobs, more well paid jobs, the industrialization of the old rural Siam, the modernization, the transition to a modern industrial and service economy, the westernization - in the context of globalization - all these modify, change or even destroy the old traditional structures. The old traditional norms, values, principles of thinking, feeling and acting - minted buddhist – get replaced by Western, market-based values and behavior.

Live from the beach Tung Wualaen - Chumphon

Enough for one go.

I stop here.

Stay tuned. Stay on the ball. There is more to come.

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

• Like 1

In a thread on the secrets board some years ago I wrote some sentences about the eating habits of many Thai peoples.

The member Onomataho opened a thread:

Bangkok A. M. @ Silom Soi 20 Market

http://forum.thepatt...-soi-20-market/

(sorry, is it allowed?)

He posted some pictures of typical middle class or upper class Bangkok girls.

Here is what I wrote:

All these girls belong to the Bangkok middle class.

These girls and their families have - for Thai standards - good money.

With increasing prosperity their eating habits have changed.

Former generations of those girls and their families – 15, 20, 25 years ago – ate rice.

Rice was the main food. Then some Thai soups, some vegetables and some fruits.

Meat? Only on Sundays, if at all!

Look at those pictures of Onomataho showing the typical Thai food: the soups, the fruits and vegetable.

For a few years Thais, who have more income, start changing their eating habits.

They eat more meat, more pastries and sweets. Their food gets fattier and richer in calories.

Look at my leg-parade. All these girls are well fed; with nice baby fat on their legs.

Onomataho, your photos get documentary character 555555

The result can be read in the article above, quoted by Flashermac.

Goodbye hourglass, hello tube

But – I cannot bite this annotation – some nicer, bigger tits too and some sexy baby fat.

Enough for one go.

I stop here.

Stay tuned. Stay on the ball. There is more to come.

Live from the beach Tung Wualaen - Chumphon

Charly

Hamburg Bangkok Duesseldorf

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that my name on the secrets board is BAKWAHN. But look at my avatar, my picture, it is the same.

And I must say, that some of the pictures are gone, faded away.

But some are still there, thank Buddha.

Charly alias Bakwahn alias Nasiadai.

You wouldn't believe the lines of Thais you see waiting to get into Pizza Hut, Sizzler and other western-style restaurants around lunch time these days. And in the university canteens, the students are eating mostly meat dishes and fattening desserts. There still are some cuties around, but there are far more fat cows than one used to see. :(

You sure they are ladies? lol

I haven't been sure of anything in Thailand since I first visited in 1995 - and my uncertainty grows every year! And no, I'm not sure they are ladies - but I'm so jaded there isn't a Thai lady out there that I don't kind of squint at and wonder - 'is she, or isn't she?' ...

Things are changing - when was the last time you had a girl squat with her feet on the toilet seat? Back in the day, not so uncommon... today, seems half of the girls I take HOME stand up to piss!

HOME, girls I take HOME... not HOPE. Can only worry about the Freudian connotations there...