5000 Baht

Too many mercenary BGs now. I'd always buy a BG a drink or two if she sat with me a while and kept me company. The instantly demanding a lady drink and then vanishing as soon as she gulped it down routine turned me off on buying lady drinks these days.

Once upon a time I knew BGs I considered friends. I'd spend some time with them with no intention of taking them out, just enjoying their company. That seldoms happens these days. I'm waiting for some of the bars to install meters on the girls. :(

I used to work for myself in the night markets about 12 years ago selling copy bags, and tops with two stalls, and a few of my friends helping out I used to make about 5000 a day, at weekends maybe 7000 to 10000. This was regarded as very good money by Thai standards at the time. Enough to prove earnings to bank, save deposit and get mortgage to put down on a new house.

Could survive a long time if the goal was the lowest subsistence possible and eliminated all social outings. The food would be the easiest thanks to the beautiful phenomenon known as Thai street food.

Wouldn't willingly choose to live in a hovel though, and especially wouldn't want to go through life without being able to go out and enjoy a roaring night or even a quiet night with good friends and good drinks.