Windows Effed Up?

Flashermac

I bought my computer with Windows 7 Ultimate on it. No problems until lately, when something seems to have messed it up. If I try a deep scan with System Mechanics or Malawarebytes, the PC crashes. Tried a deep scan with AV and same thing. Trend Micro on line says I have no viruses, as does Systems Mechanic on an ordinary scan. Any ideas.

Of course, since I bought my PC here, I don't have a Windows disk to reload. In fact, where can one even find a real windows disk here in the land of piracy? :(

Flash, like my Dad, you always seem to have problems with Windows, so do I, when I am forced to use it for some piece of software or file that doesn't wanna play nice with the rest of the world.

Please get a Mac

The learning curve is approximately the same amount of effort, as the resolution to one of the Windows crises you seem to suffer regularly.

JMHO

Fuck MAC ..... for every fart you want to do you have to donate more money. It is worse then windows you pay much much more and it has the same faults.

If you try something else take Ubuntu or another linux system.

I figure that Flashes windows crises are probably because he uses a fake windows which means he cannot get all the updates which means malware has free play on his computer. Also win ultimate is overkill. Win Home Basic is more than enough.

• Like 1

I have *** never *** updated my Win XP, except for the service packs!

Zero "security" updates, just, plain never...and guess what, it runs OK!!

I update the AVG (free) antivirus and Malwarebytes (free) when I want to do a malware scan.

...and this is with a "special" Win XP (Pan Tip) from several years ago (10 years?).

• Like 1

every time I update my win8 it goes tits up sooner or later. had a geek pal blitz my HD, reinstall and I never bother with updates or anti virus except built in defender. has been very well behaved. boots up in 12 seconds everytime no lag or bs. my virgin 100meg cable connection certainly helps