Windows Effed Up?

Flashermac

According to Microsoft, the features for all editions of Windows 7 are stored on the machine, regardless of which edition is in use.

It would seem for some reason features are locked and need to be unlocked ... Back to shop i'm afraid

My daughter brought me a broken laptop a few days ago. It's the one that I had given her a while back. She said it was beyond repair. I started it up and the Win 7 OS asked me if I want to repair the system. So, I told it, yes. A few minutes later, it had fixed itself. It's like new now.

Now WTF? It looks like the installed version of Windows 7 will not allow me to chose my own desktop background. It only lets me choose from what Windows thinks people should have, most of which are irritating.

Try the following: If it doesn't work it would be interesting to know where you get stuck.

On the desktop, right click. Choose Personalize

In the bottom area of the dialog box that opens you should see, Desktop Background, Window Color, Sounds, and Screensaver.

Click on Desktop Background.

When the dialog box opens it will have at the top a drop down list box and a Browse button.

Click Browse and you can navigate to any folder on your computer

When you choose a folder the main dialog box should show all pictures in that folder

You can choose your preferred background or indeed multiple images as a continuous slideshow background.

Ok, where did you get stuck?

• Like 1