Windows Effed Up?

Flashermac

Well, you were right. The HD gave up the ghost today. Took it in to the shop, and they said it as a "bad HD". Well, it certainly was behaving that way. Got a new one free, but I wasted half of a day and am now trying to put things back on the new HD. I have most backed up on a flash drive, if I can just remember where I put it. :p

5 versions of wndows 7 - You may well have either Starter or HomeBasic version, which I believe does not allow you to choose your own background.

Starter

HomeBasic

HomePremium

Professional

Ultimate

"does not allow you to choose your own background."

I can just see the marketing execs in $soft - "How do we cripple this software to make the user pay for features that we've already developed but are too mean, to let the user have?" "I know! Don't let them choose their own background! That'll show them!"

• Like 1

Now WTF? It looks like the installed version of Windows 7 will not allow me to chose my own desktop background. It only lets me choose from what Windows thinks people should have, most of which are irritating.

Go to the Computer -> Properties and tell us the version. Also does your user account have Administrator privileges?