Old Computers Did It Better!

Flashermac

I had an Israeli friend who was a computer programmer. Ayalon always said that Atari dos was the best system he'd ever used. Unfortunately, Atari was one of those companies that wanted to control everything themselves and lost out to the big guys. He said that Mac only seemed good because Windows was such crap!

Speaking of which, my Windows is effed up again. I need to go looking for a Windows 7 disk so I can reload the damned thing. Windows always seems to need periodic reloading to keep it working right. :(

p.s. I remember well the time when Atari had the best sound and graphics in comparison with the others.

A big problem for early computers was connectivity. They were cool as stand alone devices back when Word Processing was "THE" killer app. My first "connected" computer was hooked to a terminal node controller that turned ASCII fed out the RS232 port into packets for transmitting over VHF radio, That was AX.25, along came TCP and we all thought that was brilliant. My first modem was a hacked 1200/75 baud viewdata terminal board modified to work with my then very high end IBM AT, 6MHz and a full 640kb of RAM, no one would ever need any more than that!