Shariah Police In Aceh

Flashermac

It's a question that's often bothered me, why a culture will express dislike and even hatred, for the western way of doing things, but embrace all the western benefits, like cellphones, tvs, police uniforms, guns, automobiles etc.

• Like 3

It's a question that's often bothered me, why a culture will express dislike and even hatred, for the western way of doing things, but embrace all the western benefits, like cellphones, tvs, police uniforms, guns, automobiles etc.

they dislike the western way of doing things because they lose control over their witless subjects

• Like 1

I watched an interview with a Pakistani who abandoned his faith and had to flee for his life as an apostate. He became an atheist, but eventually became a Christian. The interesting thing is he says he had no "attachment" to Allah under Islam. Allah was not a divinity to be prayed to or viewed as kind and loving as most Christians view their God. Allah was to be feared and obeyed! Do what the Quran tells you or else! It is all about control.

Islam reminds me of the Borg. :surprised:

• Like 3

Well, the long term future of the Muslims has no good outlook, if they can't stop nutters using the religion, as an excuse for terrible acts. The rest of the world will weed them out eventually, much as you weed out rogue individuals and groups from your livestock.

I make no apologies for the comparison of radicals and livestock. Indeed I should apologise to livestock, but they wouldn't understand, much like radicals I guess...

• Like 3