Interesting National Demographics Charts

StoneSoup

Think some of the middle east ones are flawed. I've been working in Qatar the last couple of years and out of a 2.7 million persons in country only about 10% are Qatari national, 90% are transient labour, and predominantly male. That seems to be skewing the figures which are probably based on ID cards issued rather than national births and deaths. Further the immigrant workforce will likely have a more stable age grouping than that shown for the reasons that as it ages the individuals return to their home countries to retire and die.

I think you have to remove those large male "bubbles" to see a truer picture. What is clear from looking at most countries is the generally reducing birth rates even in more conservative cultures and under developed countries that tend to have higher reproductive rates.

Note than on each country page, you can select a date for data - going back as far as 1950, and forward as far as 2100. There are some interesting things that happen when you look ahead, such as:

Nigeria displaces USA as the third most populous country.

Thailand's population declines over the next 30 years.

I have no ability to judge the accuracy of this data.