Rip Nicky

khunsanuk

After a little over a year Nicky finally lost the fight against old age and passed away quietly some time last night. He had stopped eating and drinking 3 days ago and I think he saw it coming, possibly even welcomed it. Stil, even knowing he is at peace now, My wife and I are pretty fucked up at the moment. He will be greatly missed.

RIP Nicky :rip:

'Sorry to hear of the loss. I have a Bangkaew dog (well, about 90%, anyway) that just hit 10 years old this week. He is already starting to fade. I have always taken him out walking in our gated community late at night, usually around midnight - so that I could let him run around free without him bothering anyone. It never ceases to amaze me how enthusiastically excited he has gotten each and every night for ten years, as soon as I step out into the gated carport where he hangs out - he knows that he's going for a walk, and every time he acts like he hasn't been walked in five years - and just starts jumping and yipping ecstatically. So many nights I've returned home half pickled - and would just love to crash out and sleep - but I just couldn't deprive this mutt of his main joy of every day. Pouring rain - no matter. He just doesn't like close lightning/thunder.

KS - you should get a new dog - both for you, and for him/her. Dogs need their people, to be complete..

• Like 1