Rip Nicky

khunsanuk

KS,

My deepest sympathies!

Losing a dog is in some ways harder than losing a person.

Had our dog a similar length of time and it is painful - console yourself with the fact that he did not seem to suffer. The thing that I regret with my dog is the veterinarian said it really wasn't fair to keep him alive as it was going to end so painfully for him. It sure did and I will regret it the rest of my life!

Dogs seem to know when it is coming.

Anyway, condolences.

Hard for people who don't have dogs to understand.

My own pet, Tarby, died last Sunday, so I know a little of how you and your family feel right now, my friend. It's awful, I know, but we have to keep pushing on. Find the next stepping stone; don't sink.

All the best KS. Be well.

jack :help:

My own pet, Tarby, died last Sunday, so I know a little of how you and your family feel right now, my friend. It's awful, I know, but we have to keep pushing on. Find the next stepping stone; don't sink.

All the best KS. Be well.

jack :help:

Condolences Jack..

It is hard!

Hi,

"Dogs seem to know when it is coming."

Agree. I am certain the dog 'chose' this by stopping eating and drinking.

It was the same with my parents' dog. He crawled under a cabinet and stayed there until my Dad took him to the vet. I am convinced the dog knew we were saying goodbye and was okay with that.

KS

When I came home from China last year March after 2 weeks absence she died within 2 hours or so. You guessed she was waiting for me ; I tend to agree . I got a wonderful new one in the meantime but I still feel the pain .

Think she waited for sure...just could not go out without saying goodbye to you.

The ability of dogs to sense our mood and emotions is really amazing as is the loyalty. The Hachiko story is a great one and I think every dog has this to some degree...the more the person likes the dog the greater the loyalty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachik%C5%8D

The sad part is that people really did not like the dog showing up each day for some years and Hachiko was actually taking risk in showing up for the same train at the same time. For years and years and years...

Fiery Jack probably knows more about this story as it is possible to drink enough in Shibuya to actually mistake the Hachiko statue for a urinal...20 to 25 drinks in.