How A Thai Girl Found Out All Farang Not Walking Atm

bust

Have been talking to a thai girl I have know for years who has just recently moved to Australia. I first met her in 2010. She was a dancer at one of the bigger bars in NP and then moved onto work as a dancer/freelancers at one of the nightclubs.

Fast forward 5 years she is now stuck in a shithole of a small with a guy who is not very sophisticated in his behaviour or appearance. In other words a Bogan. So she is with a newborn baby just wanting to get the hell out of their but trapped because she has no money and no Thai passport for the baby. We had a chat this morning about the delusion a lot of farangs present on their 2 weeks in LOS. All cashed up with the money they have worked their arses off for over the past 50 weeks. She admitted that she, along with so many thai girls belived all farangs were rich and has had the shock of her life when she realised it isn't true in fact it is quiet common.

So at the moment she is living in a small apartment with the bf and the bf's family. He has no job and not prospect and she is absolutely miserable.

Touch of irony I thought.

I have often mentioned that yes, many farang have a large income, but...the government in their home country will take from 25 ~ 60% of it, making for a meager income!!

...and that is only taxes....

rents? food? insurance? etc etc etc

Many farang are not rich but try to get a Thai lady to understand that :dunno:

• Like 1

It used to happen quite often in the days of the USAF bases in Thailand. Back then even a lowly airman's income was great in Thailand. (A new university graduate teacher in government schools started out at 1,200 baht a month. Peace Corps gave me a living allowance of 1,800, which was more than adequate. But an airman 1st class got between 5,000 and 6,000 baht, and all of it spending money.) Many Thai women - and not just BGs - married a GI, thinking they'd be on easy street for the rest of their lives. If the guy stayed in the service, they were probably all right. But it he got out as most did, they might find themselves in Podunk or living on a farm and scarcely better off than they'd been back in Issan or wherever.

I once met a Thai gal on a train who was taking her children to visit their grandparents in Uttaradit. She told me her husband was a coal miner in West Virginia. Every time her kids spoke, I found myself shaking my head at their accent. I wonder how the Mrs liked those hills of Appalachia.

I have often mentioned that yes, many farang have a large income, but...the government in their home country will take from 25 ~ 60% of it, making for a meager income!!

...and that is only taxes....

rents? food? insurance? etc etc etc

Many farang are not rich but try to get a Thai lady to understand that :dunno:

Farangs with big incomes aren't very likely to marry a BG.

• Like 1

A relationship built on a foundation of lies, sadly this type of scenario is not uncommon. She had a child with someone who's background she didn't know. I feel sorry for the baby having two irresponsible parents, both unable to provide a secure start in life.

I have not heard of this expression what is a Bogan, a particular breed of buffalo ?