Fairy Tales For Tired Men: Fiery Jack's Real-Time September 2014 Trip Report

Fiery Jack

want to see something amusing and scary at the same time, bring a uv light to a hotel room ( and not just in thailand )

Or, alternatively, pull up a lunchtime stool in Soi 7 Beergarten. There's always some, ahem, 'amusing and scary' old bangers frothing at the gash in there, mate. :_pumpkin: :_pumpkin: :_pumpkin::doah:

Or a mid-afternoon stroll down the side of Lower Sukhumvit opposite Nana, past the Subway/Starbucks stretch. That's an 'amusing/scary' walk on the wild side. Those pesky-pushy f*cking freelancers get uglier and weirder every year. :surprised:

And thanks for the kind words, lads. I'd love to write more shite, I really would, but I'm just to busy with the drudgery of real life these days. Will be in BKK next week though, on 'business' :drunk: , so I'll file another report. :up:

jack :help:

(Edited to change it a bit.)

• Like 1

Stokey,

Did you chose your name from an alternative Manchester Band?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L60GziFpdA4

I'm never sure, mate. I did know, and like, that song when I was younger, and it might subconsciously have called. The moniker 'Fiery Jack', like so many things in our cluttered lives that begin as casual asides and end as irksome burdens, was something I hastily typed in on the spot when I first joined this board (Christ knows when that was: late 1990s? I have no idea. Is there a way a feller can find out?) and never thought to change. It suits me well, for I am indeed 'fiery' (in that, to my shame, I am hot-tempered and reckless), and a 'jack' (-ass, and master of none of the sundry trades I have tried down the decades). :clown:

(I sometimes think it could and should have been, and possibly almost was 'Saucy Jack', a phrase that appears in the seminal movie 'Spinal Tap', of which I am fond. I often wonder why that didn't bubble up and pop out of the stewy mental vaults, and Fiery Jack did. Who could say?) :hmmm:

Like old Glendower, I can call spirits from the vasty deep, or so can any man; but will they come when we call for them? :applause:

as all of the above, same here, write some more......

as far as NP is concerned, the place that really rocks today is Spellbound, groundfloor on the left, managed by Dave Guru and he does a good job !

BB

Hokey dokey, Belgian Boy, old scout, that'll be my first port of call next week. I'll let you know how I get on. I already have an inkling. :drunk:

Hi,

"when I first joined this board (Christ knows when that was: late 1990s? I have no idea. Is there a way a feller can find out?)"

Looks like you joined the board on 17 November 2001. Unless you posted on the Delphi board as well, but I could not find you in the list of users from that.

Sanuk!

• Like 1