Stickman Leaving Thailand Soon

Belem

Advertising your departure from Thailand like this - something I try never to do, even on my own modest scale, once you start letting people know, the vultures come out of the woodwork, make their last plea or play for the money they can get, etc - but to just slip quietly away in the night! But that wouldn't be so exciting for an online persona, I suppose.

It's posts like this that demonstrate well why I tend not to post on the forums any more. There's so much misinformation - and this is a really good example of it.

The sad part is that people read stuff from people on forums who don't have a clue what's going on and they believe it. Worse still, they repeat it, often twisting it further or adding false comments such as "my friend who knows KS or Stickman or whoever said that......".

Here here! Every single forum on Thailand is filled with a vocal minority of dreadfully ill informed "experts" who have to prove they are the authority on every subject. It drives me up the wall.

With just a couple of weeks left in the country things have become hectic and it looks like the final column will now be April 12th.

At the end of today's column,

"I like to think that I plan things well and that my departure from Thailand had been worked out down to the last detail. The condo lease was up, I had the column mapped out and goodbye dinners were held. Everything was on schedule until the phone rang - and then everything was turned on its head. That phone call was an effort to save the column and I now find myself in discussions about that. Everything is very much up in the air and for the time being at least, the column continues. Expect less nightlife news and less news in general, but the rest should be largely business as usual. So the column survives another week and the uncertainty continues. I had mentally prepared myself for leaving and some keen readers mentioned they'd done the same. I hate to muck people around so hopefully next week things will be clearer.

Your Bangkok commentator,

Stick"

I have enjoyed the Stickman columns and always found them interesting. I know I am not his target demographic, but I think he does his job well. I am sure it is not easy putting out a column every week.

A couple of times, I have had questions for him, and he has always been very quick and gracious in his replies.

I hope he does stay or at least find some way to keep the column going, even if it is on a periodic basis.

• Like 1

It's code for a little known quantum physics theory, that there is a 'Mabel' boson, the female equivalent of the woman behind the 'Higgs' boson, which itself is still on shaky ground, existentially, so to speak...

What you are attempting describing is shatner's bassoon - you made an error there I'm sorry to inform you - that indeed it is in fact you on here on shaky ground here. Nebs basically informed that since the big bang - things are only becoming quicker. The Universe is expanding - in fact accelerating....

I had the unfortunate experience of watching experience of recently watching "Deep Impact", I don't know why Mai loo - but I mind If I could somehow intervene. I would put blue chalk on Duvalls bald head and then use him as a billiards cue to ram the comet from earth away. Of course there is more to say, but as the say the slow hand chases the long one. Anyhow Pm me if you need to provide you with any further details.

Most sincere regards, Panaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadol.