Stickman Leaving Thailand Soon

Belem

On the matter of Thai women moving with husbands to a westernised country I've known cases where the wife assimilated maybe 5% and other cases where they have assimilated maybe 105%. Both are/were bad from the male farang partners point of view. When it comes to males from westernised countries residing in Thailand to be with the wives, well same same I guess, from what I've seen. The successful ones are where a balance is struck, a middle ground found, compromise and acceptance, willingly or grudgingly play a part in making it work.

Shut your mouth - there is no such thing as 105% - I perhaps overestimated your intelligence I now think. Go visit school again, re-train your brain - mathematics isn't that hard. The entire concept of 100% is that there is a limit -[ and swwett jesus how old are you? Are you a babe in arms? And I have to educate you on the rudiments of mathematics? You should feel seriously ashamed of yourself.

Shut your mouth - there is no such thing as 105% - I perhaps overestimated your intelligence I now think. Go visit school again, re-train your brain - mathematics isn't that hard. The entire concept of 100% is that there is a limit -[ and swwett jesus how old are you? Are you a babe in arms? And I have to educate you on the rudiments of mathematics? You should feel seriously ashamed of yourself.

:nono:

Trying to make yourself look clever and make a complete tool of oneself. There is not a limit.

For example Miss Nat in February only managed to pull in 5 short times but in March she got 15, so the rise between February and March was 200% and March total was 300% of February. Just as you can have an improper fraction (a fraction where the numerator is greater then the denominator) such as 5/4 it is also possible to have improper percentages, in this case 125%

There instances where percentages greater than 100% make no sense such as "I ate 125% of the cake" since a cake is one entity who's sum of its whole is equal to 100% but there is no hard and fast rule.

Now in Radioman's example one could take the assimilation of 100% to mean the average, so Miss 5% assimilated 1/20 of the average whereas Miss 105% assimilated at 21/20 of the average i.e. slightly above average, Capice?

Are you a babe in arms? And DO I HAVE TO EDUCATE YOU IN THE RUDIMENTS OF MATHEMATICS? YOU SHOULD FEEL SERIOUSLY ASHAMED OF YOURSELF

Radioman's replied to my comment about effort to assimilate into western society by a Thai woman. Strictly speaking, effort can only fall between 0 and 100%. You can go over 100% in comparing effort at different times (one put three times the effort in during March that one did in February) but you can't put more than 100% effort into anything. I took his comment stating 105% as 100% effort with positive attitude. If he meant something else, I'm sure he will correct me.

Hmm, what to say. Well I meant it with humour, of a sorts I guess. The point being where a Thai woman who assimilates 5% basically remains Thai. Despite living in Farangtown someplace she still sits on the floor, sleeps on floor, eats somtan every day, cooks outside, squats on the toilet and especially lambasts anything and everything western. The 105% simply meant one who overdoes it. Becomes more western than her western sisters in taking to extreme lengths the attitudes and failings that caused so many men leave that hemisphere in the first place looking for a different ideal.

Like I said, both are bad. The ideal is, as it really would be if they were Buddhist, to strike a balance, moderation in all and acceptance of others point of view and needs.

And as I also said this assimilation problem applies in equal measures to westerners living in Thailand. Those who want it done the western way cos it's better are missing the point I feel. Those who want to plant rice in the Issan and live in a wood hut wearing shower shoes and baggy pants have simply lost the plot.

The name change from Nana Plaza to Thai360 was almost the death knell for this board, though.

Not "almost" it was.

But it was known at the time, no hindsight was required, that such a move would be the end.

We soldier on in ever reducing numbers, with less and less content.

Dulce et Decorum est pro mori forumia

I doubt it made all that much difference. Most boards are hurting, thanks to Facebook and Twitter. The Delphi boards are almost all dead or dying. This one is at least treading water.

Pattaya Secrets and Pattaya Addicts are still very active, albeit not at the level they were in say 2009. There are some private Facebook groups that focus on nightlife and have racy pics, though. Fact is this board was the first Thailand nightlife board and had an advantage over other startups being already established and died a slow death due to the name change as well as it adopting a more general approach as opposed to focussing mainly on the nightlife. I think the last nightlife post on this board was a few months ago...LOL! Regarding Twitter, can't see someone starting a discussion with #Nanaplaza.

According Mr Stickman´s latest thinkings I propose to change the thread title into " Stickman again not leaving Thailand " .

Even if an investor came in to try to save the column, albeit with less of a highlife slan., Stick himself said that his readership has steadily declined and is down 15% from last year and that there were not enough newbies. Fact is Thailand is no longer a driving force in my life. I used to have Thai fever like many guys did. Stickman, nor any investor, can't change that.