Thai Airways Does Not Know Where It Is Flying It Seems

waerth

From my facebook page, courtesy someone else. I also tweeted this and have never ever been retweeted so many times in a short span .... I am @waerth btw

This is really bad for an international airline. It seems Thai Airways does not know what countries the cities are in that they are flying too!!! Do the pilots know where the airports are or do they just put there planes on the ground wherever?

Someone translated my tweet on twitter in Thai:

à¸à¸²à¸£à¸šà¸´à¸™à¹„ทยจิ้มà¹à¸œà¸™à¸—ี่มั่ว à¹à¸–มยังสะà¸à¸”ชื่อเมืองผิด ในà¹à¸¡à¹‡à¸à¸à¸²à¸‹à¸µà¸™à¸•à¸±à¸§à¹€à¸­à¸‡

post-15565-0-62369000-1421811728_thumb.jpg

Besides an odd location for Madrid and the names Biemingham and Mascow, I don't get it. Who cares, to a degree, what country they're in, as long as the location is right, right? Also looks like here's not much space for country names.

Do you really think that the stops at the underground map for London are at the exact location the underground map tells you, or any underground map with stations on it for that matter? This is about 200% more accurate than any underground map. Just my 2 satang worth

Hi,

"Do you really think that the stops at the underground map for London are at the exact location the underground map tells you, or any underground map with stations on it for that matter?"

The difference is that in those cases the actual map of the city isn't shown for reference.

Sanuk!

Ermmmmm so Dusseldorf is in Belgium, Cologne in France, Brussels in France, Berlin in Poland etc etc etc etc? And you accept this as normal? If they check their planes just as well would you fly with them?

Berlin is just south of Breslau. Salzburg is in Hungary, Madrid is in Portugal, and Vienna is in Rumania. See, who says Thais don't know their geography.