Are Thailands Mrt And Bts Most Expensive In Asia

waerth

On Twitter someone posted this nice graphic. All fares per station were recalculated against the US dollar using 2011 exchange rates.

It seems it is more expensive than Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong!!

Note Skytrain (BTS) and Subway (MRT) have seperate entries.

post-15565-0-85844200-1422416849_thumb.jpg

I read that the subway system is so good in Hong Kong that it always runs subway system in cities for other countries (in Europe, China, Australia) and the head of the HK subway is a person who formerly headed the NYC transit system. He might be a Brit.

I know that the subway system in NYC is on a fixed fare of $2.50 no matter if you go for a stop or from end to end of the line. Also, there are some discounts involved to bring this fare lowered if you purchased a higher amount. But in the states, the transportation system is subsidized by the government. The fares are not enough to cover operating expenses as well as for capital expenditures.

I read that the subway system is so good in Hong Kong that it always runs subway system in cities for other countries (in Europe, China, Australia) and the head of the HK subway is a person who formerly headed the NYC transit system. He might be a Brit.

I know that the subway system in NYC is on a fixed fare of $2.50 no matter if you go for a stop or from end to end of the line. Also, there are some discounts involved to bring this fare lowered if you purchased a higher amount. But in the states, the transportation system is subsidized by the government. The fares are not enough to cover operating expenses as well as for capital expenditures.

Public transport is subsidized in most countries in the world I think. And it shout stay that way imho. Otherwise the normal man will have to start walking to work.