Safehomepage

Flashermac

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've run anti-virus scans, malware scans, on-line scans. They all find nothing. But I did find it in the Task Manager. I clicked stop on it. I didn't see an option to delete it though.

Just did a search on Firefox, and that thing didn't come up. However, now I have uninstallmaster.com showing up. WTF?

What about a system restore ... have you a restore point on your computer with an earlier date, before the download ..... Find under help and support, will restore everything back as it was.

Depends how far back you go on the restore point, everything will be there except for any recent updates or downloads. As far as updates are concerned they will be re downloaded in any case. You really have nothing to loose as you can always undo a system restore.

Something to note for the future is to create a manual restore point yourself, when everything is working properly, rather than automatic selection by the system. Then if you have problems another time you can always refer and restore to this known good point.

Occams razor.

When there are many solutions to a problem always pick the easiest, as that's the one that will always work, in this case a system restore

to an earlier point before the download in question.